Published on September 24th, 2014 | by editor0
Wright Celebrates New Dance & Fitness Studio and Gym Floor
Wright College students, faculty and staff gathered during Wilburpalooza festivities to celebrate the opening of the beautiful new Dance & Fitness Studio and the renovated gymnasium floor. Speakers at the celebration included Wright College president David Potash, SGA president Will Whitmore and Dean of Continuing Education Alba Pezzarossi. Fitness instructor Amanda Lopez-Betanzos and her students performed a dance demonstration for the dozens of people who turned out for the celebration.
The gym floor is composed of maple wood and comes from Swedish company Bona. The Dance & Fitness Studio is 1,316 square feet and features a Taraflex Sports Flooring, a force-reducing, shock-absorbing flooring ideal for multi-purpose use floors. The Dance & Fitness Studio also features a brand-new audio system, with touch-screen controls, two monitors and a Blu Ray player.
The successful completion of these projects resulted from the hard work, creativity, time and talents of Wright College staff, faculty and students, City Colleges staff and project managers and contractors, including:
- Broderick Banks, Dance & Fitness Studio Project Manager, City Colleges of Chicago
- Hector Castillo (and team), Conecta Architects
- Mike Dompke (and team), Chief Engineer, Wright College
- Jackie Lonquist (and team), Director of Facilities, Wright College
- Pete Lucio (and team), Mundo Electric
- Pat Mannix, Chief Engineer (retired), Wright College
- Christine Marriott, Visual and Performing Arts Co-Chair and Faculty, Wright College (Dance & Fitness Studio design)
- Diane Minor, Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services, City Colleges of Chicago
- John McDonnell, Athletic Director, Wright College
- Stevo Petkovic (and team), AGAE Contractors
- Tom Petrie (and team), Bona floor installation and finishing
- Erik Sover, PACE
- John Sugrue, Associate Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services, City Colleges of Chicago
- Kathy Thalmann, Gymnasium Floor Project Manager, City Colleges of Chicago
- Sean White (and team), Robe Construction
- Kevin Williams, Executive Director of Construction Infrastructure, City Colleges of Chicago
- Wright College students, who helped select the colors for the Dance & Fitness Studio!
Help us name the new Dance & Fitness Studio! Vote on name suggestions by visiting www.allourideas.org/namewrightdancestudio. Vote on as many names as you’d like or submit your own for consideration! The selected name will be announced during the State of the College gathering on October 17.
Be sure to stop by and check out the new facilities!
(Video Credit: David McDowell, Wright College Media Services)