Published on June 24th, 2014 | by editor0
Wright College Will Be 10th Stop on Statewide Electric Vehicle Road Trip
Students, faculty and staff are invited to cheer on EV Road Trip participants! June 25 @ 2:30pm!
From June 23-25, 11 Illinois community colleges involved with the Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN) are participating in an Electric Vehicle (EV) Road Trip to raise awareness about EV technology and related environmental issues. Wright College is the 10th stop on this statewide trip. Wright’s participation as one of the City Colleges of Chicago reflects our commitment to sustainability.
On Monday, June 23, the Road Trip kicked off with participating electric vehicles departing John A. Logan College, 355 miles away in downstate Carterville. After making nine stops at IGEN community colleges with charging stations throughout Illinois, the Road Trip will stop at Wright College tomorrow, June 25. This stop, scheduled for 2:30pm, will be the only one in the city of Chicago and the penultimate stop before the Road Trip ends at the College of Lake County in Grayslake.
Wright College students, faculty and staff are invited to cheer on the Road Trip participants as they arrive from Triton College in River Grove and charge up before departing for their final destination. President Potash will welcome the participants. Eric Heineman, Governor Quinn’s sustainability director, will be on hand to discuss EV infrastructure in Illinois; he will be joined by Department of Energy representative and Clean Cities Coordinator Samantha Bingham.
“miniabe” (see photo, at right) is also making the trip through his beloved Illinois as part of the Road Trip and will be at Wright during the charging “pit stop.”
The event will take place in Parking Lot D, on the south side of the parking garage, at the Electric Vehicle Charging Station.
Please join us at 2:30pm on Wednesday, June 25th for this EV Road Trip event! Double the fun by participating in the Open Mic event, starting at 12:30pm in the Science Lobby (and featuring Steve Gulyas!).
Electric Vehicle Road Trip Itinerary:
- John A. Logan College, Carterville, 8:00 am – featured speaker Lt. Governor Sheila Simon
- Kaskaskia College, Centralia, 12:50 pm
- Southwestern Illinois College, Belleville, 2:25 pm
- Lewis and Clark Community College, Godfrey, 4:30 pm
- Executive Mansion, Springfield, 10:00 am
- City Hall, Lincoln, 11:30 am
- Downtown Atlanta, 12:15 pm
- Heartland Community College, Normal, 2:00 pm
- Kankakee Community College, Kankakee, 8:00 am
- Prairie State College, Chicago Heights, 9:45 am
- Moraine Valley Community College, Palos Hills 11:40 am
- Triton College, River Grove, 1:15 pm
- Wilbur Wright College, Chicago, 2:30 pm
- College of Lake County, Grayslake, 4:30 pm